Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Huzzah!

Oh, I am so excited about this psychology bit. I had considered psychology as a child as a possible career choice, but I dismissed it because I just didn't think it was what I would want to do. I want to teach. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, and a lot of work. But I have been advised by the lovely Diane Hermann-Artim that it would not be that much more to take psychology as a second major instead of just a course concentration. So that is what I have decided to do. I don't really know why it never crossed my mind before, but now I am just thrilled. I mean, listen to some of the super awesome courses I get to take:
Biological Psychology
Philosophical Psychology** (intellectual orgasm?)
Psychology of Gender
Psychology of Religion
Psychology of Addiction
Controversial Issues in Psychology
Sexuality and Intimacy
Culture & Personality
Ok, I don't get to take them all. I want to, and I will likely beg and plead with the advisor to let me, but seriously, I love psychology. I also love philosophy. And education. (I always laugh at the thought of loving philosophy. Philosophy being a love of knowledge by definition, it just seems redundant. I love loving knowledge... hmm. Well, I do..)
ANYWAY....
On the education side there are some really exciting classes too...
Besides all the great classes I've already taken, I get to take...
Rhetorical Expression, though I can test out..
Literacy Instruction
Educational Psychology (look, there it is again, that psychology. Love it!)
Methods in Health and Physical Education for Elementary School Teachers
Elementary Student Teaching** so excited for this one!!!! Hooray practical experience!
Social and Natural Science Methods
Methods and Materials

But yeah...
Ok, I know whatever, you all aren't so excited for my classes, but you took time to read my note, so you should at least be excited for me. Seriously, though.. hmm.. the possibilities. Who knows, maybe I'll move on to a Master's in both studies. Maybe even a doctorate in psychology. That would actually be kind of awesome.
Someday, I'm going to have my own theory. It will be published, and years down the road, it will be included in textbooks. Yes! Ah a renewed outlook on my future. How refreshing.
G'day.

No comments: